As many times as I have been to Colorado Springs, Colorado, I had never heard of Glen Eyrie. No one I have talked to has heard of Glen Eyrie. I feel like I am telling you a secret. A very good secret.
In May, 2016, we, the kiddo and I, arrived at the Glen. I wanted to stay someplace special, with a spectacular view of the beauty Colorado is known for. Shelby and I received that, and much more! Below is a list of all the things we loved about Glen Eyrie and why we think you should stay here too.
- Beauty is in abundance here. From the Castle, to the magnificent spires of red sandstone rock formations, everything here will take your breath away.
- Take in the heady scent of pine trees, fresh mountain air and a rushing stream that runs in front of the Castle.
- All kinds of wildlife scurrying about, from mule deer and rabbits to herds of Big Horn Sheep.
- The Carriage House with its bookstore, cafe, and a large courtyard to relax and eat, talk or read a book.
- The cafe has the most delicious deli style sandwiches, sweets, and a long list of coffees, lattes, teas and more.
- If you stay overnight, you are treated to a hearty breakfast, made by the Castle chefs, in the King James Dining Room in the Castle.
- The staff excels in kindness and service, showing God’s love to everyone.
- Glen Eyrie has a rich history, be sure to take advantage of their Castle tours.
- Tea anyone? Enjoy High Tea at the Castle, where you pick out your own teacup and saucer, drink lots of tea, and eat chef made delicacies.
- Numerous hiking trails from easy to not so easy, but all with spectacular views.
- And then there is the Rock Tour, where you can touch what is likely the boundary between pre-Flood world and deposits from The Flood itself.
- Saving the best for last. You will find peace here. No words can describe this, it must be experienced.
All tucked away in a canyon, is a really good secret.